At Vence Dentistry, you are not just a patient. Ultimately, you are a partner and collaborator in your own care. Our experienced dentist, Brian Vence, DDS, and his entire dental team strives to provide the best quality of care possible for every individual who walks through our doors, and we believe that one way to achieve that is by giving patients thorough information and a clear idea about what their experience can be.
The sections below offer details on what to expect upon your first visit with our dentist, as well as information on our variety of accepted payment methods. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
New Patient Visit Information
Here is a step-by-step guide that provides a general overview of what new patients at our practice can expect, from the initial contact with our practice through to the prospective dental care treatment plan.
- A telephone conversation to talk about your concerns, answer questions, and schedule your first consultation.
- An initial consultation to answer your questions, determine the appropriate diagnostic services, and explore how we can work together to provide you with essential and meaningful treatment.
- A clinical evaluation, photos, x-rays and a review of dental/medical records.
- Treatment planning and “Co-Discovery” to review the diagnosis and talk with you about what you would like to do and the recommended treatment options.
- A conversation about what you can expect in all aspects of care, including the treatment itself, what the procedure involves, and what it means in terms of time, financial considerations, and the potential results.
- The formulation of an upfront, overall cost estimate and discussion of your preferred method of payment, insurance options, and/or dental care financing options (described below).
- Future appointment scheduling.
- In cases where patients are in need of cosmetic and/or restorative dental care, we can begin the Digital Smile Design process at this stage. If a DSD mock-up is required, this will be scheduled as a separate appointment.
Our entire team is dedicated to providing excellent treatment and personalized care. We reserve ample time for appointments so that patients never feel rushed and to ensure that the focus is on their individual treatment; therefore, we do not “double-book” appointments to protect ourselves from last-minute cancellations. With that in mind, when patients make an appointment, we do ask that they can be certain they are able to honor that time.
Dental Care Financing and Payment Information
Our practice wants to make payment for treatment as convenient as possible. We believe that every individual should have access to high-quality dental care, which is why we accept a comprehensive range of payment methods that can help patients bring treatment into their budgets in the most affordable way possible.
Payment options include:
- Cash and Personal Checks
- American Express®
Because of the level of dentistry we provide, payment for treatment is expected at the time of service. We are an out-of-network provider and we do not accept payment directly from insurance carriers; however, we will assist you in obtaining information on benefits offered by your insurance policy and submit claims to your insurance carrier.
As noted above, we firmly believe that finances should not be an obstacle to excellent dental care. Therefore, we offer financial arrangements through our office. We have an office-based payment plan option, and we also provide access to reputable third-party lending companies such as CareCredit® and LendingClub®. These agencies offer numerous options for qualified applicants who would like to finance their treatment over time. The application process can be quickly completed online and the response can typically be obtained within minutes.
If you would like more information, or if you are ready to talk with a friendly member of our dental team, please contact Vence Dentistry today.